Thursday, December 25, 2014

Our 'With Us' God

Today we celebrated Christmas. The day God sent us His son to be with us as Savior, Lover and Redeemer.  As I enjoyed the day with my husband, my daughters and their fiances, I was overcome by a sense of intense gratefulness. Though we exchanged wonderful and thoughtful gifts for which I was thankful, this deeper sense of thanksgiving mixed with joy and contentment came after the presents, not because of them. 

I glanced around at my family. Our day had begun early and, about mid day, several were comfortably napping on the sofas. Safe and secure. We were healthy, amicable, wonderfully imperfect and content to spend this holy day with each other. It occured to me that the uncomplicated joys of sharing a meal, sharing our lives and our love of Jesus is perhaps the truest way to celebrate Christmas. Simply being with each other.

Over 2000 years ago, Mary brought forth a son and named him Jesus. He would save the world from sin, bring new hope and new life. He would make a way for unity, reconciliation and authenticity. He came to make himself at home on the well worn sofas of our hearts and share His abundant life with us. Make us all family. He came to be with us. Our Emmanuel.

This Christmas I want to thank you for modeling Jesus for me. You have been with me on this journey of writing Dandelion Winds and have encouraged me in too many ways to count. Your graciousness has not gone unnoticed. Every response, every call to check in or admonishment to keep going has been appreciated. Every idea or offer to help edit, design a cover, listen or share your expertise has been a precious gift to me.  So, I want to thank you. Especially today and especially now as I finish this work God has given me to do. 

May 2015 be a year of immense fruitfulness, joy and purpose in your lives. a year in which the nearness of Jesus is felt in every facet of your precious lives!

Hugs!

Kim

No comments: